Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Does She Live in a Trailer?

"I rebuilt the carburetor, but I thought I might have screwed it up," Welder was telling yet another colorful story.

"Yeah, well, they're not that simple to rebuild."

"Huh, my sister can rebuild carburetor," I felt the need to contribute.

"Your sister can rebuild carburetors? That's hot! Is she single?" Not Welder this time, another guy, this one desperate to get married.

"Nope. She's on husband number four," details...details. Fine, they weren't all spouses, who really cares?

"Four!? And she rebuilds carburetors? Does she live in a trailer?"

"Not now," I said after a moment of thought, "but we used to growing up."

Not much he could say to that. Mostly because he was dying of embarrassment, but, I think the laughter from those of us watching him squirm was probably louder than anything he could have mustered up.

The rest of the evening was filed with jokes about having lived in a trailer. Including one from Welder which started something like this, "So, this one time—and before you ask, yes, we lived in a trailer. I know it's going to come up, so I'm just going to get it out there..." Ahhh... good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home