Sunday, November 11, 2007

Testing the Grounds

At the chiropractor's office on Saturday we were passing time as he worked on my back. "So," he asked, "do you have any big plans for the weekend?"

"Well, a bunch of my friends are going to have a bonfire and hang out tonight."

"Ah. Will there be beer? A key?" he asked. Kind of an odd question, I thought, but I went ahead and answered anyway.

"Nope. None of us drink. It'll be like a big AA meeting—expect none of us are alcoholics!"

"Ahh, that's good." He went on to tell me that he had a fire pit in his back yard, and 'the kids' really liked to have fires out there and roast marshmallows. Then, he told me (and I'm still not certain where this part came from), "Life has been really hard on them, since they can't see their mother and all, because of her issues." Turns out their mother is an alcoholic. Well, now I know where the question came from. Odd to ask a random patient that question, but, yeah... He also asked if they were friends from work or school. He was kind of quiet when I told him 'church.' Not that he should be trying to pick me up anyway, good grief! I'm a patient!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home