Friday, April 18, 2008

Multi-Page CYA

This week found me fixing LaBoca's royal screw up. Where by royal, I mean: I can't believe the thing hasn't broken before. I spent the second half of Wednesday, all day Thursday, and a couple hours today working on this fix and getting it code reviewed.

Yesterday near the end of the work day I heard her say something to the effect of that which I was fixing should have been working. Then, this morning I learned that she had asked my boss last night, "Why is Granola working on that?"

I quickly replied, "Because she effed it up. That's why."

He told me to calm down, but what he didn't realize is, I was calm. That was my clear, concise, reasonable answer. I was working on this because she screwed it up. I think that people often take my calm answers for over reacting. Frankly, the fact of the matter is: I choose to react the way I do. I like that sometimes I'm a little bit of a drama queen, it's my choice.

However, in the interest of answering her question, and covering my own butt I sent an email outlining why I made the changes that I made, and the complete logic flow behind the changes. It ended up being at least pages long, maybe closer to four. I kind of laughed with my boss about it, but he understood exactly why I did it.

As did everyone else on the mailing list who got to read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home