Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fashion Forward

It turns out that Seattle is just as chill as you might believe. To demonstrate this, let me tell you a story.

You might recall the turtle Bill bought for me. Monday he made an appearance at FHE and was met with roaring enthusiasm. Tuesday I decided to bring him to work. I got in before Bill, so I plopped the turtle on his desk with a post-it on its chest. "Good morning, Bill!" it read. Then I went to the gym.

When I returned I noticed that the favor had been reciprocated. This time the post-it read, "Good morning Granola!!" and was affixed to his adorable snout.

My friends teased me at lunch, but that was about it.

Today, however, was an entirely different matter. After returning from lunch I took of my purse and accidentally grabbed its head where the dinosaur roaring sound box is. The roar was enough to spark quite the conversation. I would say it culminated in one of my coworkers looking up the build-a-bear web site, but that would be inaccurate. It included a visit, but certainly didn't end there. Someone asked "why?" and I gave them the most logical answer possible: because it's funny.

Yes, I have just proven that it's possible to work in a professional environment and still be a whole lot silly. I love that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home