Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rapport

Bill and I gave a presentation today. We decided to do a joint presentation, playing off of one another and moving back and forth between us. Since we're such good friends, we have a really great rapport, and the hand-offs went quite smoothly. In fact, we got a number of comments from people telling us that they really enjoyed the presentation.

At one point Bill was harassing me about something, I made a joke, and went to pout. He came over to me and offered me a hug, which I quickly ducked out of.

Ok, let's pause here: the teasing was fine. The pouting was fine. The hug? Might have been crossing the professional boundaries. What on Earth was he thinking?

Last night we were out and he was really touchy-feely then as well.

I feel like he's trying to reassert his rode in my life. For a guy who doesn't want to date me, he certainly wants to be prime in my life. I know from an evolutionary standpoint that men need to compete for a woman's attention, but why would you compete for the affection that you don't reciprocate? So confusing and frustrating. Grr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home