Sunday, September 26, 2004

Secret Boyfriends

I love crushes. I find them fun, and highly diverting. I never act upon them, and certainly never bake cookies for said men. I do, however, enjoy the excitement I get when I see them. I call them, collectively, my “Secret Boyfriends.” A friend suggested “Imaginary Boyfriends,” but that is missing the point, I think. They exist; they just don’t know that they are my boyfriend.

This month’s secret boyfriend is SurferBoy. SurferBoy is (not surprisingly) from California. He’s tall, well built, and I could hug him for days. In fact, he has the perfect ears for the grab-and-kiss. I was looking at him today while we were talking, and just thinking about the things that make him so cute to me. It’s more than just his slightly upturned button nose, or the sprinkling of freckles across the bridge thereof (which is more frequently a turn-off for me than a turn-on), it’s his Personality. Boy, does he have personality. He’s practically brimming with it! He’s so outgoing and open about what makes up the person that is SurferBoy. As a Secret Boyfriend he has really taken me off guard. There is something so innocent about him, yet I know he has life experience. His goodness seems so pure and not put on. I think the thing that really has drawn me to him, is the qualities that I see in him that I want to see in me. He’s so carefree and has such a zeal for life that I’m almost jealous! I want that. I want to be irresponsible, like he, and yet have the benefits of living a responsible life. I want to pick up and travel on a whim. Yet, I know that I shan’t do so anytime soon. Perhaps I’ll live vicariously through him. I wonder where he’ll go next, and what he’ll do there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home