Friday, April 21, 2006

Gifts

I have many talents. One talent I'm particularly pleased with is my gift giving ability. To me, gift giving is an art. A gift doesn't have to be expensive to be perfect, it just has to have thought put into it. Someone could buy me a super expensive present that they had put no thought into and I would like it less than the macaroni necklace I was given. Why? Because the thought and effort really do matter most to me.

I use that principle when giving gifts. I like my gifts to be meaningful to the person to whom I am giving them. I don't want to give someone a gift that absolutely no thought went into. It just doesn't work for me.

For that reason, CuteGayGuy's photocopied and folded-up piece of paper is the perfect gift. He thought of me and something that I would like when he photocopied that book for me. It wasn't as if he went out and bought the original magazine article, he simply gave me a thought. And that, friends, is really what gift-giving is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home