Monday, October 01, 2007

Force Feeding Vegan Goodness

It turns out I'm a great cook!

Sunday I looked in my cupboards and had little to cook save pureed pumpkin. I decided to make pumpkin pie, but looking over the label on the can I decided to go with a pumpkin roll (the recipe is here). Having never made it before the only modifications I made were the essential veganization changes.

It was delicious, but much to sweet to eat all myself. Out of self-preservation I decided to bring it to Family Home Evening to share around.

As I was offering pumpkin roll to my friends there were quite a number of questions as to the origin of the dessert. Once it became clear that I brought it Sine asked "Is this vegan?" I was certain he was going to turn down my offer of food. Instead, he asked for a slice, and complained, "I don't know what you're doing to me, Granola! I never cared before, and now I'm worried about my gas mileage and eating vegan food!"

All in all, everyone liked it and they were all perfectly floored that it was simultaneously vegan and delicious. I'm positively tickled that I can expand their horizons. It worked out that everyone who wanted a piece got one with no leftovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home