Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Social Impact

I have this driving need to save the world. The problem is: I don't know how. This week my sense of urgency has been almost overwhelming. I spend my spare time thinking up ways to make huge impacts. I want to go to Africa and set up computer networks in Zimbabwe. I want to go to Romania and work in orphanages. I want to go to Argentina and build homes for the homeless. I want to make a change. I want to make a difference.

The reality is: I need to make those changes and be that difference here, where I live. We should all feel that social draw, the urge to make a change—to better our world. And, we should start here. If we want to world to be a better place, we've got to make our community a better community, so those living near us can impact those near them who can help those near them. And on and on and on. Tides of salvation rippling out from our tiny drop in the massive bucket of society.

I want to change the world.

Buy how? What I'm doing is not enough. Will it ever be? Can it ever be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home