Saturday, September 08, 2007

Linkedin and Layoffs

Yesterday I got two linkedin requests from former colleagues at BigNameCompany. Immediately, I assumed the worst and asked them both if layoffs were happening again. They said 'yes.' Argh! When are they going to realize that cutting 20% of the workforce isn't the best way to increase your profits? I told them both to send me a copy of their resume, if they're interested, and I'd submit them.

I also emailed MyBoss from there and asked him if his team is taking a hit. Yup. Majorly. I told him we're hiring, and, if he's interested, he should send me his resume, too. He may just.

Then I went and asked my director if we're hiring QA managers. Actually, it went down like this, "Hey, are we hiring ..." "Yes." "QA Managers?" "Not really, but we're always hiring good people. Send me his resume and we'll check him out." We chatted briefly about the looming layoffs and he advised me to collect as many as I could.

Really, I'd love it if MyBoss came to InternetCompany and was my boss again. I really, really would. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home