Sunday, January 20, 2008

Like Her Hair is On Fire!

One of my co-workers, who I have little like for, has a tendency to over react. To everything. Her code doesn't compile and she's laughing loudly in her high pitched shriek calling out the Lord's name in vain over and over again. This happens a lot as she is a terrible programmer.

It just so happens that she is also my boss' peer. Not my boss, thank goodness, but she's still higher in the food chain than I am.

I'm supposed to be training two of her subordinates to do my job (yes, two. I know, I should get paid more), but that hasn't happened. Mostly because I have work to get done and I don't have time to wait for it to be a convenient time for them in order to do my job. Thus, I wait as long as possible, then I just do it.

My boss and I went to talk with her Friday about the progress of my project, the state of their training, and why this hasn't happened, yet.

She didn't like what I had to say. In fact, she was livid that I hadn't done more than what I promised would be done. As if this were somehow my fault. I have delivered what I promised, nothing more, nothing less. She wants more.

After the meeting she looked over the code I have checked in and asked about an artifact left over from my work. She wanted to know why I had done what I had, and what I was planning on doing about it. I gave her a very logical explanation (which she really didn't appreciate), and told her a work around. She wanted me to implement the work around and got even more annoyed (at this point I was surprised she could get more annoyed with me, but it was apparently possible) and demanded to know why I refused. I gave her a logical explanation (yet again) told her it was a five minute fix, and any one could do it. She actually huffed off!

I left work 10 minutes early just so I could be finished dealing with her for the week. I might have to put arsenic in her coffee one of these days.

She's incompetent, stupid, annoying, loud, and dumb. Many of my least favorite qualities in human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home