Tuesday, January 01, 2008

BNE

Today I learned that my neighbors will not call the cops, or pursue any means of investigation when they see someone breaking into an apartment.

My keys, cellphone, and camera were stolen last night (or, maybe, accidentally picked up, either way, I'm without), so this afternoon I went to the main office at my apartment building; predictably, no one was there. I called maintenance, and was told that they don't do lock outs (whatever! They used to, and that's ridiculous!), so I should call a locksmith. Like I'm going to pay for that. Ever resourceful, I decided to break in. It was a snap. Which kind of worries me. But, equally worrisome is the fact that the window I entered was right in the front of my building, and this took place at 2 in the afternoon. It's not like no one could see us. Maybe the fact that the whole entering took less than a minute. I suppose a maneuver that speedy could easily be missed. Either way, now I'm home, showered, teeth brushed, clean clothed, and in (slightly) better spirits.

Now, it's just a waiting game. Hopefully whomever picked up my stuff calls someone in my phone to see who I am, or they return my keys et al to lost and found. Somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home