Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Complicated

I picked Lurch up from the airport tonight (his girl friend is out of town for the holidays). On the ride home I caught him up on my InternBill drama. Here's the rundown for those of you just tuning in:

1. He's going on this huge road trip this summer, and has been trying to convince me to go. I told him that I have a job, but he should have fun!
2. I told him that I am thinking about asking for a transfer to our UK branch, to which he told me that I shouldn't. In fact, he told me that I should stick around so he can see me when he moves in.
3. We have a tentative date set up for some point shortly after his arrival.
4. I sent him mistletoe on facebook, to which we joked that he should try it on some other girl. "Well, maybe not..." I waffled, "that's mine. Is it going to work for me?"
"Fly out here with some mistletoe and find out!" he entreated.
"Nah. The rejection wouldn't be worth the price of the plane ticket."
5. When Mumsy and I decided that they wouldn't be coming up for the holidays I was lamenting to InternBill and said, "I may just have to take a short road trip if they don't come." His response? "A short trip? I.e. you would join me for a part of the trip :-)?" (that would be the one mentioned in item 1 above).
6. He lives very near where my sisters do. We've already decided that when I go out there for the "wedding" he and I will go out on a date. That's 4 1/2 months away.
7. Christmas day he sent me a text wishing me a Merry Christmas and inviting me on this new short road trip. I mentioned that I'll probably be convinced to go.

Later I was hanging out with Lurch and LittleBrother, who now works at a sporting goods store. I mentioned that I needed to buy a 3-person tent, probably before March. Lurch joked that I should make sure it's a small one, so small that no one could sneak in. LittleBrother (who was not privy to the early list-making) asked why. Lurch replied with "It's complicated, and kind of a long story."

I clarified, "I'm probably going camping with InternBill in March."

"Or... not that long of a story," Lurch clarified.

But, still complicated. Why, why, why am I letting him become a problem?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home