Thursday, December 20, 2007

One Hot Irishman Coming Right Up

InternBill and I have a long standing joke: he's looking for a cougar to be his sugar mama. The joke has gone on since sometime mid-summer.

Always at the fringe, and never mentioned, is the fact that I'm 7 years his senior, and gainfully employed. This tidbit has been an important underlying factor to our joke: it only serves to make the flirtatious tension between us worse.

Last month after my recruiting trip when I sat next to a highly attractive Irishman for the flight home, and loudly proclaimed my lust in the general direction of InternBill, we added a new inside joke: Granola is looking for a hot Irishman with a sexy brogue. One can always dream, can't she?

Today I made a startling discovery: InternBill is part Irish. Which adds new nuanced humor to our inside jokes. I made this discovery whilst chatting him up. I promptly informed him that I was partially embarrassed as a month's worth of jokes suddenly took on new meaning.

He laughed, but didn't disagree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home