Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Interview With a Liberal

I strolled into institute at 8:40 this evening. Class starts at 7, and ends at 9. I usually try to show up a bit after 7 (due in large part to my major dislike to the instructor). Tonight I had a better excuse: the missionaries asked me to accompany them for a discussion with an investigator, then I had to practice my cello. By the time I got there we had a blissful 20 minutes left.

As class was ended the teacher announced that a reporter from the Seattle Times was there hoping to speak with students about Mitt Romney and our feelings regarding his campaign. We were asked to "be nice, well, be yourselves."

I was standing in the foyer chatting with some friends when she asked if she could interrupt and ask us some questions about the campaign. She asked, and I answered away. She took my info, and I gave her a lot of quotes. Where by "a lot" I mean, she actually said, "Wow, this is good...You're really eloquent." I can't remember what all I said, but I think it'll be in the paper on Thursday. I'll let you know if I said anything memorable.

She did ask if I'm voting for him, to which I replied, "No, but I wish him the best of luck!" we all laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home