Sunday, December 02, 2007

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful

It snowed today, and that was most wonderful. I love the snow, it makes me happy, and reminds me of happy times in my childhood.

When I was a kid we didn't have mittens or gloves, but we did have an urgent desire to play in the snow. Undaunted, my enterprising mother came up with a perfectly workable solution: we were to put socks over our hands as mittens. Tube socks worked the best. The colder it was outside, the more pairs of 'mittens' that were required. More than 2 pairs of socks made it hard to play in the snow, any less, and you just got too cold too fast. One huge benefit that you get with socks rather than mittens: when they got too wet you could simply change and replace with new, fresh, dry socks.

Now, I have water resistant gloves. Not as fly as tube sock mittens, but monumentally easier to build a snowgirl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home