Sunday, December 16, 2007

On The Chior, and Preaching to It

This month's Relief Society message is on charity. Specifically: "Being an Instrument in the Hands of the Lord by Showing Charity."

In the middle of receiving the lesson today my Visiting Teacher told me, "I feel like giving you a lesson is charity is like taking salt to Israel." She said some other really nice things (including, something about giving ice to Eskimos and preaching to the choir), but that's not the point. The point here is what?! Honestly, I don't feel as if I do enough or give enough (time, talent, or money). In fact, I was thinking the other day about how I really need to figure out a way to combine my skills with charity work. I mean, it's not like I can go to a third world country and do tech support for them, and iHackCharities.org doesn't really have anything for me to do now.

I have got to figure it out soon, or I may go nuts. Anyone know a good way to donate brain power? I'd love to start local.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home