Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Maintain It's Love

I have to take two buses to get to work in the morning. The first is a small local shuttle-sized bus, the second is a regular-sized city bus. They're spaced about 5 minutes apart. This is generally pretty great timing. It becomes a problem when the first bus is late and the second one is early. Most often the first bus is late. I went about a week missing the second bus, which is more frustrating than anything since I can wait another 7 minutes and catch another bus which drops me off 2 blocks from the office, not the door-to-door delivery service, and it does involve a hill, but, it's not that bad.

The drivers on both buses are the same every day, so we're quite familiar with each other. I happen to think the city bus driver is quite cute. I flirt with him, but just very mildly. Lately the shuttle driver has been just late enough that we get stuck on the wrong side of the red light, but the bus driver has waited for us. Every time I see him waiting, I jokingly tell the guys I ride with that he's waiting because he loves me.

Today he had to wait a good three minutes for the shuttle. As we saw him waiting the guys voiced their doubts that he would wait. I insisted, "Oh, he'll wait. He's madly in love with me." We chuckled about that, but then, when he waited for us I teased the guys again, "I stand by my assertion. You know I'm right."

I maintain it's love, the guys maintain he's just a nice guy.

I'm thinking love. Bwahahahaa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home