Saturday, March 29, 2008

A New (with)Out-Look

This past week has found me at home. Dying a slow, painful death as I suffer from the Viral Death Plague of Doom.

I have, however, had occasion to venture out of my carefully constructed cave. Those occasions arose when I finished the DVDs I had rented. It's amazing, but did you know, if you sit at home and do nothing but watch DVDs you can go through at least 3 a day? Yeah. I limited myself. Each time I donned the same outfit: jeans, flip flops, and an over-sized sweatshirt. I did manage to brush my hair and (because even sick I'm a stickler for hygiene) clean underwear. (My mommy always told me to wear clean panties, just in case I get in an accident and have to be taken to the hospital. The last thing you want to be worried about in a situation like that is, "oh, no! I didn't put on clean underwear today!" Ok, she didn't, really, but the fact still holds!) The one article of clothing that I just couldn't bother to put on (unanticipated hospitalization be damned!), however, was a bra. That's right, kids, I went a whole week without a bra.

Wow. What a liberating experience that was, let me tell you. I had no idea.

But, alas, all good things must come to an end. Today, I realized I must truly be on the mend, for, as I was dressing, post (daily) shower, just before pulling on the same sweatpants and sweatshirt I've been wearing for a week, I automatically reached for my brassiere. I'm cured!!!!

Finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home