Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dinner and Conversation

At 4:40 today I spontaneously developed a splitting headache. I figured I could come home and take a nap and get up at 7 to be ready for my 7:30 date. So, I did just that. At 7pm I woke up and was just getting out of bed and changing my clothes when there was a knock at the door. Unfortunately, I was half way through the changing my clothes process, so my date had to stand on the opposite side of my front door as I hastily threw some clothes on. Fortunately, I had picked out my outfit already, so it was just as matter of putting it on.

I opened the door and let him in. Apologized and said that I had laid down to rest and hadn't planned on falling asleep. Not strictly true, but nicer than "I thought you said 7:30." I then asked him to take a seat while I brushed my teeth, and then we could be on our way. I did that, brushed my hair, and in 5 minutes was ready to go. He asked if I needed more time to which I was, blissfully able to answer 'no'.

Oh, did I mention he showed up in a t-shirt? Essentially what he usually wears. No worries, with that as a fashion point I put on flip flops instead of the nice dress shoes I was planning. The great thing about having a no shoes rule is I can always dress up or down an outfit based on my date's attire and make it look utterly planned.

We ended up at a nice little vegan restaurant I had recommended. Actually, there are two locations for this place, and I was thinking of the one I had been to. We ended up in the Seattle location, which has a much nicer ambiance than the other. We had a good time eating and chatting.

When he dropped me off he said a couple of times that he had a really great time. So, he'll probably be asking me out again—in another 18 months or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home