Sunday, April 27, 2008

Advice

Apparently last Sunday the Bishop reamed the guys in our ward for not asking the girls out on dates. Well, I have to assume that's what happened.

Because this is what happened today:

Right after sacrament meeting a guy in the ward (who was in the old ward. In fact, he's the guy in question in this post). Came up to me and asked, "Hey, Granola, did you hear what the Bishop talked to us about last week?"

"Uh, nope."

"Well, I'd like to talk to you about it this week. Maybe over dinner?"

Frankly, mad props to him. I had pretty much concluded that he didn't have it in him. I mean, the last blip on the radar was in October...of 2006 when he first asked for me number. I know he has continued to like me, but, yeah, I didn't think he would ever get up the courage to ask me out.

I agreed, because (while I'm not interested per se), my personal rule is: always say 'yes' to the first date. And, really? It took him 18 months from the time he got my number to the time he asked me out. The least I could do is go out with him once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home