Sunday, July 13, 2008

First Impressions

"You know what you need to do," he said pausing for dramatic effect, "dress up in fishnets and a tight top and knee-high stiletto boots!"

We're talking about my HS reunion. This is (Intern)Bill's idea of an excellent way to make an impression on my graduating class.

"Uh, no." I quickly shoot down his idea before his description succeeds in making me sound like a hooker—alas, it was too late anyway. "I grew up on the 'wrong side of the mountain.' Some of them would probably expect it from me. No, if I really wanted to shock them, I would show up looking like a yuppie."

"YES!" he practically shouted, "This is an excellent idea!! Let's go shopping!"

"The only way I could pull of 'yuppie' is if I had an equally yuppie man on my arm. And since you're not coming, I guess I'm out of luck."

He continued to try to convince me that this really is a good idea.

We'll see if it rears it's head again any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home