Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Saga

"Hey Granola!" comes my Thursday morning greeting.

"Hey," I say back, making as if to pass by on my way to my desk.

"Um," he says, interrupting my movement, "were you the one who wanted Eddie Izzard tickets?"

"YES! I so want to go see him!"

"Well, it's a long story, but my friend has some tickets that he's not going to be able to use, would you be interested?"

Here, I try to contain my excitement, "Well, honestly, it depends on what day, and how much."

Understanding he says he'll ask his friend.

While waiting I mention (perhaps with intent to invite, but at this point, it's just a passing mention) the potential tickets to (Intern)Bill. "If that is an invitation, I would love to go!" I'm informed. It just became one.

Hours later the numbers are in: Friday night, $150 a piece. There's no way. Just no way. I turn him down, but offer the tickets to two of the guys from my team. They both indicate that we're all in the same boat: love to go, but not at that price. I relay this information to my coworker, and am a little bummed, but I can't justify that kind of expense.

Friday morning I check my email, "My friend will take whatever to offset the lost cost." I'm informed, "So, you should take them for whatever will allow you to go."

A flurry of discussion transpires over im between (Intern)Bill and myself. I am willing to spend $50. He suggests I try for $40, I can always go up to $50. I make the offer, saying that $40 is about my limit, but I would feel terrible offering that low.

10 minutes later I have a reply sitting in my inbox. I pop it open, and then quickly inform (Intern)Bill (who, by the way is planning on spending the weekend moving): "You're going to have to pack Saturday morning. We got 'em for $40!"

The show freaking rocked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home