Sunday, July 06, 2008

Definitions

It's been two weeks. We hang out nearly every day. ... and... nothing...

After he dropped me off last night I decided it was high time (Intern)Bill and I defined the relationship.

"I've been thinking," I said 2 hours later over an instant message, "it's time we had that talk neither of us want."

He wasn't overly to jump on that boat, and I can't really blame him—I've been putting it off for far too long.

"So," I started, "is this just a friends thing or are you looking for more?" Yeah, why beat around the bush?

He told me quite nicely that the last thing on earth he wanted was to lead me on (um... too late), and he was wondering if I was feeling that way (yes, you dummy), but, he just wants us to stay friends. (Was that too hard?)

"Perfect!" I declared, triumphantly, thanking my lucky stars I had this chat over im, "I was hoping we were on the same wavelength on this one!"

We talked for a few more hours as if nothing had happened.

Then I logged off and had my quick cry. Not terribly good for the ego, but looking down the road, I'm sure glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home