Thursday, July 03, 2008

Oh! Nice!

Last week InternBill (hmm... perhaps FullTimeBill is more appropriate now that he has a grown-up job) and I went to the Symphony—a date we've been planning for months (literally) now. We had decided to go directly to dinner from work, which necessitated dressing up for the day.

I put on some nice slacks (which look particularly good, if I do say so myself), and a nice blouse, did my hair, donned on some sexy shoes, and off I went.

Mid-way through the day (Intern)Bill had me go over to his office. I ran into one of his office-mates who said, "Hey, Granola. You both look so formal today." "Well, uh..." I said, not wanting to say too much. "Bill told me about the symphony." "Ah, yup." I said casually. Then we parted ways. I walked into the office, and (Intern)Bill stood up, and said, "Do you approve?" "Nice!" was my outward reply. Internally, however the commentary went more like this, "Mmmmmhhhmmmm! I like those slacks! Yeah!" "You look nice, too." He said. Which would have been far less awkward if his other officemates hadn't been sitting right there.

Later that afternoon I walked down to chat with my coworkers. Boris (um, the token Russian on the team) and I exchanged some words over the cube wall before I rounded the corner. His expression changed, and he gave me the once-over, "Oh! Nice!" He said approvingly, before realizing what he had said.

Yup. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home