Thursday, July 03, 2008

Curb Your Enthusiasm!

Friday night I had to run to the grocery store. On my way I went over this (tiny) hill that I usually take a bit too fast. This time, I was a bit faster than normal. I caught too much air, and wasn't able to make the turn in time. I ended up taking both right tires over the 4" curb. And taking out a 6"x6" 18" tall wooden post. Thankfully the post wasn't terribly deep, and was terribly rotted. Still, I was a little shaken up.

Since (Intern)Bill had just left I called him but got his voice mail. I left a message asking him to call me back.

Then, I got out of the car to inspect the damage. Practically nothing. Yay!! Basically, I scrapped the front bumper a little bit, and definitely messed with the alignment, but other than that, no damage as far as I can tell. Thankfully!

I called him back and left a new message saying that he didn't need to call me back. It was all ok.

An hour later my phone rang. He had just picked up his messages and, he said, even though I said not to call me back he thought he might anyway. He did offer me moral support, which I wanted, but told him I didn't. Probably should have taken him up on it. C'est la vie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home