Thursday, July 03, 2008

Dinner and a Show

After work (Intern)Bill and I headed to his apartment to drop off some boxes and pick a place for dinner. We ended up at this nice vegetarian place I had heard mentioned more than a time or two.

After a few minutes to decide the waitress came over to us to take our orders. I asked her what she recommended, and she pointed out a few options, then mentioned one of their more popular dishes. "This one has a lot of cheese in it, so it's kind of a comfort food for the meat eaters who come here." I looked up at her, and noticed her looking directly at (Intern)Bill.

"How'd you pick him as the meat eater?" I inquired.

She denied having done so, but after she left we discussed it. The conclusion we made was that it's far more likely for a girl to be vegetarian than the man. It couldn't have been that I looked particularly 'Earth Motherly,' because I didn't.

We placed our orders and were quite pleased that it turned out to be delicious.

When the bill came I went to pay (I did do the asking, after all), he said he'd pick it up, then had the embarrassing moment when he realized that he had lost his bank card just the day before (I was with him—he really did). I said I'd pay, and it wasn't really an issue. Good thing I didn't have a problem with it, because when I went to pay with my American Express I was told they didn't take them, and I'd have to use my Visa. His only other card is an AmEx, so, at least this way I was prepared to pay. The bill ended up being nearly $50. I had no idea!

After dinner we rushed to the show. It was a great performance. Afterwards he brought me home and we sat and talked for a bit before he had to leave. I am already at that point where I don't want him to leave. Pathetic since we haven't even kissed yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home