Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Fag Haggery

Dan Savage once made a comment that fags and their hags (if they're not careful) can get into a relationship such that they're essentially boyfriend/girlfriend, sans the sexual aspect.

I can't help but totally agree.

He spoke about how neither has a legitimate claim on the other, but they certainly (perhaps subconsciously) feel that they do. And, he went on to say, when one party begins to develop a romantic relationship with someone else, the "jilted" party feels hurt and betrayed, even though they have no claim, or right to feel jilted or betrayed.

What does this have to do with me (since, currently I am no one's hag)?

Simple. Bill and I have very much that sort of relationship. We are, with out the fun parts, essentially each others' significant other. I know this, and have pointed it out on occasion. It's just nice to know that I'm not the only person who feels this way, or goes through these periods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home