Monday, January 26, 2009

Artistic Lines

Bill has, I assure you, some of the most artistically beautiful lines I've ever seen on a guy. Women tend to have them more, there's just something about the female form that makes art by being. But Bill has them. Sometimes I find myself just tracing his lines with my eyes, pausing over each twist, each muscle definition, to roll it around in my mind, savoring the emotion and feeling that make up his lines. He's caught me doing it a time or two. Sometimes I just volunteer that information.

Over the weekend he (finally) played some upright bass for me. I was sitting behind him watching him play, and was struck again by how beautiful the lines in his back and shoulders are. I told him that once we get back in Seattle he needs to get his hands on a bass, and we need to have a photo shoot. I need to capture those lines, I need to draw them. I've never before really understood the concept of a muse, but my need to draw him is so overwhelming that I think I finally do. The urge is primal. And nearly uncontrollable. Someday. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home