Wednesday, June 10, 2009

D-ra-MA

2 dogs. 9 people. 9 bikes. 3 cars.

You'd think 8 engineers could figure out getting them from Seattle to Wenatchee. It took too many emails, but we got it sorted.

Once we got to Wenatchee the fun really started. How do you divide people up into rooms? We decided 3 people per room, with 2 people sharing beds in each. With 2 couples that left us figuring out which of the 5 people weren't going to share, and which rooms the singletons were going to fill in. Two of the guys didn't want to share a bed, and the other woman had a dog that was sleeping with her. That simply left me and Redneck who didn't care about sharing, to share. Done. One more problem? One of the singletons is in love with me. Now, friends, that just isn't ever going to happen for him. But, it also meant I didn't want to share a room with him.

Night one: my bedmate snored. I nudged him and that solved that problem. The dude who is in love with me also snores, so we later learned, and one of his roommates spent all night crying because she's kind of a Drama Queen and her bed was "so uncomfortable," that she couldn't sleep. He's a light sleeper, so he didn't sleep much, and when he did he snored. Which woke her up, so she cried, and... vicious cycle.

Night two: the great room reshuffle. Redneck and I switched rooms with the drama queen. Sticking me in the room with the dude who loves me/snores. He was pissed at the whole thing, which surprised me, since he whined that he didn't get any sleep, either. Well, with Redneck snoring, and me snoring he had a hard time falling asleep, and when he did, his snoring woke me, so I called out his name, which woke him up. Which pissed him off. So he went for a walk—complete with door slamming.

The next morning he complained that he didn't get any sleep.

That morning we went white water rafting. There were two boats, and to avoid even more drama two of us just volunteered to be in the other raft. When we hit the first class 4, every single person in their raft flew out, except the guide. After that, my roommate from the second night wanted out. (I should note that he was recently in a bike accident and hurt his wrist. I'm sure it's very sore, but, if I have to listen to him complain about it much more, I'm going to tell him to suck it up and deal with it like a man. The reason I mention this? He wasn't sure he was going to be able to paddle much anyway, and I think the swimming was just an excuse to get out of it.)

I would just like to say, if he was trying to win my heart, he failed dismally. I had to listen to him whine and bitch for 3 days straight. I am so done with him.

He's the newest addition to our group, and I really don't think it's working out. Honestly? I think everyone is pretty much in agreement. But, how do you fire a friend? Not positive, but it's going to have to happen quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home