Sunday, May 24, 2009

1 Girl, 2 Bikes

Right now I have two bikes in my apartment. One hybrid (the one I've had since last year), and one road bike. It's not my road bike. Not yet, at least. It still currently belongs to Teach. I'm probably going to buy it. She wants $300-350 for it. Which is a steal, considering she paid $750 for it two years ago. $350 is more than well within my budget, since I just want an entry-level road bike. But, I want to do a bit of shopping around.

What's that? How'd I end up with her bike in my apartment?

Well, you see... We got together yesterday for me to test ride her bike. There were all sorts of logistics involving her car, her husband's car, my car, and three bikes. We started out the day with two, both on her husband's car.

After I test rode her bike she wanted to go test ride bikes (she's selling because she's buying a new one). We put her bike on my car just in case her husband decided to go home (we left him at the park) before we finished, and I decided to buy her bike—this is important. Then we went to the bike shop where Teach fell in love. She bought the bike, which we then put on my car before heading back to the park (where her car, and husband, still were).

We moved her new bike to her husband's car, and then decided to send her old bike home with me. Why? Well, she was going to have to put the old bike in her car, and they have guests in town, so there was going to be people-juggling, and, what if I decide that I want it? This way I'll already have it. Nice bonus? I get to test ride it some more and make sure.

Bill and I are going to test ride some other bikes this weekend and see what I think. But, honestly, unless I find one I'm positively in love with, I'll probably buy Teach's. It's in good condition, and it's cheap. And, we all know how cheap I am. (Hint: very.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home