Monday, May 11, 2009

And About My Promotion?

Cyclist screwed up big time this weekend, and I ended up cleaning up the mess. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but this has been happening with increasing frequency. He's generally pretty good at his job, but his level of dissatisfaction is negatively impacting his performance. And, it's starting to impact me.

This morning our boss pulled me into his office. He told me how people are losing confidence in Cyclist's work, and how they compare his work to mine, and look at how few bugs get through when I'm testing. First off: thanks for acknowledging that. Second off: nice to see other teams picking me as a favorable comparison. Thirdly: do you, also, wonder if they were asking for me?

Then he asked me if I would shadow Cyclist and make sure he does his job thoroughly and well, at least until he steps up his performance to previous levels.

I agreed.

And, I really wanted to ask, "would now be a good time to talk about my promotion?"

I didn't.

But, honestly? Where is the question that I don't deserve it, again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home