Monday, November 08, 2010

Flat Tire

In the month of October I got three flat tires on my bike. Once in the front, twice in the rear. After the third flat I decided to buy new tires. They came, but I didn't feel like doing the work to put them on.

So when I got a text from Brisk expressing that he was "booooorreeeddd" Sunday night I replied in kind. And then asked if he wanted to put my tires on my wheels. "Only if you drive out to Tajikistan" (he lives about 40 minutes from Seattle). I agreed, but had just gotten back from a trip and was tired, so I wasn't going to do it right then. We ended up deciding I'd go out to his place, he'd put tires on my wheels, and I'd look at paint swatches with him (he wants to repaint his house). So, Tuesday I put my wheels and tires in the back of my car and drove to work. After work I drove Brisk home, where we hung out, looked at paint swatches and replaced tires. All very very innocently. In retrospect, I'm not sure why I had to drive to Tajikistan to have my tires replaced when we could have just done it in the parking lot at work. But I can tell you why I did—we seem to be very confused about what we want from one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home