Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Musical Sunday School

My calling at church is to lead the music in Relief Society. It's not terribly glamorous, but I do enjoy picking hymns that correspond with the lesson and which we maybe don't sing all that often.

This Sunday I was selecting Thanksgiving hymns and chatting with the Relief Society president about how it'd be fun to have a Sunday where we just sing hymns and I said, "Just let me know, and I'll totally do it."

Minutes later we found out the teacher was sick and wouldn't be coming. The RS President asked me if I wouldn't mind leading a singing lesson. I agreed and when she announced our plan someone suggested we go around the room and have people say what they were thankful for. I decided to incorporate that into the brand new lesson plan.

Following announcements, I got up and lead a very willing and exciting room full of sisters on a tour of Thanksgiving hymns and thoughts. After every hymn I asked for a couple of people to share what they were thankful for. It was really neat. And, if I do say so myself, wildly successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home