Monday, November 08, 2010

Indecision

I guess a buddy and I have been expending more effort in each others' direction as of late. I think it started out really after the whole Bill thing blew up. We've been good friends for years (I saw him through his girlfriend leaving him, etc), but I really needed someone to lean on during and after the end of the era of Bill, and he was it.

My friends think we should hook up—and many of them have expressed this desire for quite some time now. It's only getting worse as I've been leaning on him more.

Saturday night there were a couple of gatherings, neither of which he was invited to (not my fault), so in the middle of the evening he started texting me. I replied and we had a good conversation which included me threatening to go over to his house and hang out Sunday. He told me he was planning on cooking fish—to keep me away. So, since it sure sounded like I wasn't invited, I didn't go.

Then on Sunday a bunch of us were all out together and afterwords he were walking to our cars which happened to be in the same area of the parking garage. As we headed over to our cars our hands brushed. I moved away ever so slightly just in case it was a matter of us walking too closely together.

We stood by his car talking for quite sometime, during which he expressed disappointment that I hadn't gone over. I told him that I took his threat to cook fish as a clear indication that he'd rather not have me come by. "Oh, I figured you come by anyway." "I have no problem inviting myself over, but I don't show up when I've been told to not come by."

Here's the thing: I'm really really confused. I don't know if I want more, or if he's totally a rebound, or what. And, I don't know if he wants more or if he just wants to be friends.

A friend of mine (who is strongly encouraging this to become a relationship) has concluded that he's interested. When I told her that we may or may not have a date for this weekend she asked me what my evil plan is, assuming that he's interested, given that I'm not sure. I told her that we'll figure that out once he makes a move. Until then, there is no use worrying about breaking him. I mean, if he's interested and makes a move then we can talk about how I'm not sure. If he's not interested and I say something then it just has all sorts of potential to be all kinds of awkward.

I suppose we'll see what happens Friday. If Friday happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home