Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Big Scary Internet

In October I thought I had a very boring and unimportant zit pop up next to my eye on the bridge of my nose. I tried to pop it (yeah, I know you wanted to know that) and moved on. After a while said zit kind of scarred over.

And then it grew.

And grew.

And now it's big and scary.

I figured I should probably see a dermatologist about it, and have an appointment on Friday. Initially I figured it was nothing major, just something I should probably have looked at.

Today I started googling images of skin cancer and descriptions. Turns out the internet is a dangerous place. What I found freaked me out. I found images and descriptions which have me worried that what I have is called "basal cell carcinoma".

I am worried. and freaked out. and have no idea what the future holds. But, above all, I'm hopeful that it's nothing. I'm also so ridiculously lonely. It's a scary thing to be facing alone, even if it is nothing, the suspense over the next few days or week is going to be rough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home