Saturday, October 15, 2005

Microwave Meltdown

Last week I was rinsing out my cup in the break-room while MyBoss was microwaving his lunch. We were having a rather stilted conversation, and had wandered into a lull when out of nowhere he mused, "I wonder if this styrofoam cup will melt in the microwave?"

"What!? You're microwaving a styrofoam cup?! You should never microwave styrofoam."

"That bad for you, huh?"

"Uh, yeah. It's worse than microwaving plastic. All those toxic chemicals it releases. Not safe." I sputtered. I can't believe he didn't know one isn't supposed to microwave styrofoam. He embarked on a hunting trip, looking for something else in which to put his lunch. He found a plastic cup which we both agreed was better than styrofoam. He transferred his food, put it back in the microwave, and I continued to rinse out my stoneware mug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home