Monday, October 10, 2005

Passive Aggressive

It's finally happened, I have become passive aggressive.

Sunday night I was doing the dishes for the n-teenth time while my roommate, Freeloader, watched yet another movie. It seems that when she is home the only thing she does is eat and watch movies. She most assuredly doesn't do her dishes when she's finished making tuna (yuck), or any of the other vial boxed creations she eats. While doing the dishes I gave Mumsy a ring and griped to her that I was sick of doing the dishes, and how I know I'm neurotic about them, but is it really that hard to rinse your damn dishes out? I went on to complain that I have yet to clean the washroom in the 2 months that I've lived with them, because I keep hoping that one of them will do it, since it's seriously vial. I wasn't sure if Freeloader could hear me though the door and her movie, but, frankly, I didn't care, and part of me hoped that she could.

Later, I was watching an episode of Alias (she has rented seasons 1-3, we're all addicted, but it takes me a bit longer to get through them all) and I wasn't sure where she was. I got up to get a glass of water and saw her cleaning the washroom.

This morning when I went to shower I noticed that she had not mopped or cleaned the shower. However, she had (thankfully) cleaned the toilet and the sink area. I know I should thank her for doing that much, but in the immortal words of Mumsy, "I shouldn't have to be proud, it should be expected."

Later this morning PuppyDogsAndBows stopped by my office for something, "Did you notice," she asked, undoubtedly having been prompted by Freeloader, "that Freeloader cleaned the bathroom last night?"

"I did notice that she cleaned the toilet and the sink, but she didn't mop or clean the shower."

"She mopped, I saw her."

"Oh, ok." I shrugged.

Great. Now I'm expected to pretend that, whatdoyouknow, she actually did mop! And, shoo wee! I sure am thankful. It really irks me that I have to do things like that.

I am thisclose to making a chore wheel. All this time I thought we were adults. My bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home