Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Dude Looks Like A Lady

Sunday at church I made a comment that PuppyDogsAndBows disagreed with, simply on the basis that I am a woman and, thus, must feel otherwise. It turns out, she was wrong. At any rate, she shook her head and said, "I don't understand you, Granola."

"Let me make it easier for you. Repeat after me, 'Granola is a boy. Granola is a boy.' Just think of me as if I were a boy, and it'll make your life a lot easier."

She didn't agree with my assessment, but Sunday School had started, so she dropped it.

Later that night while I was out my roommates rearranged some things in the living room. It wasn't a big deal, and I didn't care all that much. The only think I was annoyed about was that they moved my cello out of the living room and into the TV room, and put it behind the television. Uh, hello? Why on earth would you do that? I mean, Personally, I think it's really cool when someone plays a musical instrument, and like to have it in the living room. If one of my roommates played the harp I'd make room for it. Frankly, it was taking up as much room as a cello does, and not much more. I didn't see the need to move it. PuppyDogsAndBows asked me, "We rearranged the living room, you don't mind, do you?"

"Nope, I don't care." Which is the truth. I don't care. It's all about compromise, and it's not like they broke something.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"I don't believe you. Are you sure you don't mind?"

"Yes. I really don't care. I'll just take my cello into my room if you guys don't want it in the living room. It's not like we all sit in there all at once, anyway." Thinking to myself, you guys are all much more interested in watching television to sit in a room with no T.V.

Thankfully, she let the subject drop. Later I went to her and said, "Remember earlier when I told you to think of my like a boy? I was serious. It'll make things easier on you. I mean, I'm moody and pissy sometimes, but I get over it quickly. Yes, I like to have things done my way, but mostly I'm completely ambivalent about things."

"Yeah," she told me, "I was thinking about that. But, you're not a boy."

No sh** Sherlock! Thanks for noticing. "Ya think?! But, trust me on this one."

She's still trying to fit this square peg in her self-carved round hole. H'ain't gonna happen, deary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home