Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I Hate Girls

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Thank you all for coming. Good night.

Ok, ok. I'll elaborate.

Sunday night my roommate was watching Persuasion (a Jane Austin film, in case you are unfamiliar, like I). I sat in on the last 15 minutes, and when it was over my roommate asked, "Have you never seen that before?"

"Nope. I don't generally like Jane Austin."

This led to a discussion on why not, which included my using the phrase, "she portrays love to be puppy-dogs and ribbons, and that's not the way it is." My roommate thus began to take the conversation way too personally. It disintegrated from there.

We both just stopped talking. A little while later she was talking to a friend about going and volunteering at Camp Williams to help out with Katrina victims who were being housed there. I asked about it, hinting that I would love to go. She ignored my hints. Five minutes later she was talking to our other roommate about it: "You can come if you want." Then, noticing I was there, "Anyone can come."

"I'd love to! What's the information on it."

She hemmed and hawed, and finally called her friend back for the exact location, since I "wouldn't be able to drive up with them, because I had some things to do, but could maybe go later." Her friend didn't answer, but I could tell she wasn't thrilled anyway. Suddenly I was forced into Self-Preservation Mode: "Uh, I have something to do before Ward Prayer," I lied. "If your friend calls you back will you call me with the details? I'd love to go." With that I booked it out of the house. I desperately needed to reduce the amount of estrogen in my immediate vicinity. For some reason she was still clearly pissed about the "puppy-dogs and ribbons" comment.

I went over to my new ward friends' house and chilled until 10pm. They were going up at 9. My roommate never called me, and I took that to be a clear sign as to how she felt.

Monday morning found me getting my hair done, and running some errands. My roommate wasn't home when I was, and vice versa. However, since I was home pretty much most of the day it was pretty clear she was trying to not be. I left the house, in both an effort to get out of the house, and because I was tired of girl-dom.

I can't believe how pathetic I have become. Three days with out massive amounts of guys around me and I start going through withdrawal. I, apparently, have become more of a guy than I had previously thought.

Last night I needed a testosterone influx so badly that I went to see Fantastic 4. It was just what I needed, inane dialogue, limit romantic crap, and a fair amount of crappy action. Perfect. Feeling revitalized I returned home and slipped back into the girl roll — talking with my roommate about how things are. *sigh* Why can't I just have guy roommates? They may be filthy, but yelling at them to clean up their crap would be a nice change from the emotional roller coaster that girls seem to think life must be.

P.S. The original title to this post was going to be "I Effing Hate Girls". However, since I don't use such language, I thought better of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger L said...

this drives me crazy too -- most women are socialized to be emotionally insane and don't seem to realize that they have the ability to change that.

September 10, 2005 10:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home