Saturday, August 27, 2005

New Found Freedom

After leaving the tattoo parlor I had to stop by the store to pick up some supplies to keep the nose clean and well taken care of. As I was leaving the store I saw a guy I used to work with. I called out to him, and we stopped and talked briefly. Then he pointed to his nose and said, "This is new." If only you knew. "Yeah." "New found freedom?" He asked, implying that it was a response to not having to conform to the standards set forth by the University we both worked for and attended. "Something like that." was all I said.

In actuality, it's not that at all. Getting my nose pierced was not the first thing I did after graduation. In fact, it's been months. A lot of guys grow beards/goatees right after graduation (since they are against the dress and grooming standards), so I can see how my friend might think that. Honestly (MOM), it's something I've wanted to do for a while, and I just decided to go for it. I'm an adult, and I really don't think it was that rash of a decision. I did my research, studied it out, and since I think that they are really beautiful I decided to go for it.

Don't worry, I'll take it out when I'm visiting you, Mumsy. I respect your opinion that they are gross. Just as I appreciate that you respect my decision to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home