Saturday, August 20, 2005

You Work with 10 Guys

On Wednesday at lunch I was talking with FamilyMan about my new bed, and lamenting that I had been unable to locate someone to help me pick it up, so I was going to have to pay for the delivery. He looked at my like I had lost my mind. "You work with 10 guys," he needlessly informed me, "If you can't find someone to help you move your bed you're doing something seriously wrong!" Carnivore was sitting next to us, and said, "I'll bring my truck down on Friday, and we can use MyBoss's trailer, and take care of it on our lunch break." They totally rock!

When MyBoss joined us I said, "So, MyBoss, that trailer of yours...?" He then launched into a very long explanation of how it is actually his parents, and they share it with someone else, and the other guy was using it. No worries, I assured him. Carnivore offered up, "We've moved my queen bed in the back of my truck before, it'll fit." "Oh, what's up?" MyBoss queried. "We're having a team bonding experience on Friday — moving my bed."

A minute or two when by, then MyBoss asked a question that he had, apparently, been pondering, "So, Granola, as a single individual, how much stuff do you have?" "I have so much crap!" I exclaimed. "Well, if I bring my van, and Carnivore brings his truck, and you have your van, do you think we could do it quickly during lunch?"

"Oh! I've already moved everything, I just have to get my bed." I replied with a smile. How sweet is that? They were willing to help me move everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home