Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Chicken

Today's lunch was fast food Italian. Yes, there is such a place. No, it's actually not as bad as it sounds.

I ordered whole wheat penne with marinara sauce and spicy onions and peppers. What I got was all of the above, plus and order of chicken. That's a $1.00 value. Not bad. Except, I didn't want the chicken. I discovered this, naturally, after I had picked up my food and sat down. I excused myself and went to the counter to ask someone to fix it. The manager was more that a little surprised that anyone would complain about the mistake, but said he would take care of it.

Moments later, another bowl arrived in front of me. This one with out chicken. Pleased, I tucked in. Two bites into it, we started joking about how they probably just took the chicken out and gave me the same bowl over again. Two bites later I discovered that to be the case as I came across a piece of chicken. I thought to myself, I should take this up there, put it on the counter, and ask the manager, 'Did you at least use gloves when you were digging around in my food?' I pointed the chicken out and MyBoss laughed, "Are you serious?! They just put more marinara over the top? That's hilarious! You know what you should do? (And you have the personality to pull this off) You should go up there, complain about the chicken, and demand that you get your meal free."

"I'm half tempted too. How does he know I'm not allergic or something?"

"You should do it," He egged. "Actually, you should demand that we all get our meals free, for the trouble it caused!"

"You just want to watch!"

"Yeah, and? Or, I could go up there and tell them that you are having an allergic reaction to something and they must have just taken the chicken out and given you the same dish back, and they had better call 9-1-1 immediately."

"Yeah, you should! I could fake a severe allergic reaction!"

I ended up just eating around it.

When I came home and related the events to my roommate and her (vegan) boyfriend she had almost no reaction. He, on the other hand, was incensed that they would do that at all, and annoyed that I didn't complain, and more annoyed that we had joked about doing so. Man, I don't like him. at. all.

I'm going to be sad to loose my roommate when I move, but so glad that I won't have to see him ever again. Thank Heavens he's joining AmeriCorpse, so they are breaking up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home