Friday, July 29, 2005

Peer Pressure

On Wednesday BigNameCompany paid for everyone to go Lagoon and have a blast. Everyone got to bring their family, or a guest. I opted for guest, since I have no immediate family here. I invited TheModel, but he couldn't make it, so I asked a female friend of mine. We went up in the morning to make an early day of it (she needed to be back for Institute at 7:30 pm). At dinner time we all congregated and the team managed to find each other and hang out for a bit.

After dinner MyBoss was looking at a ride called The Rocket. Basically, it shoots you up into the air 200 feet, and then you freefall back down. Sounds thrilling, eh? Anyway, he managed to convince a fair number of the guys to go with him, including: OfficeNeighbor and his wife (I think), TheKid (and maybe his wife), GoteeBoy and his wife, and GoteeBoy's brother -- Bouncer (he looks like it, no joke). I'm not positive on those figures, but pretty sure. Anyway, like you care all that much. So, they rode on the version of The Rocket called Re-Entry. Basically, that one carts you up to the top and drops you. Yeah, sounds even better to me, frankly. They tried to talk me into it, but I maintained that I absolutely would not go on it. As they were getting off I told my friend that if they had tried harder I probably would have succumbed to their peer pressure and gone. She laughed. They got off, and wanted to go do The Rocket. They tried to talk me into it. I said, no, no way. Then, Bouncer asked me if I had ever tried it. I told him no, so he asked how I knew it was so bad if I wasn't even willing to try it. I replied, "Well, I've never tried crack before, but I know it's not good for me!" A brilliant reply until I found myself less than a minute later standing in line for the ride. While we stood there waiting Bouncer gave me a hard time, "Today 'The Rocket', tomorrow Granola's doing crack!"

The ride wasn't all that great, I think that now that I know what to expect I could enjoy it if I went again. After that my friend wanted to try this ride called 'The Bat'. I'm not a big roller coaster rider, but I agreed. By the time we got to the front she had chickened out, so we got off and headed home.

I learned on Thursday that the guys had all hung out for a few more rides. I would have liked that a lot, but my friend needed to get home.

So, now we all know that when it comes to keeping up with the guys I'm 100% all about that. I think it comes from a need to prove that I'm just as whatever as they are.

The best part is, MyBoss suggested that we try sky diving for our next team building activity - I totally agreed! I'd love to try that. I think we may just go as friends sometime, take a weekend off and drive up to Calgary since it's so much cheaper up there than it is in Provo. My only concern would be that wives and family members came too, otherwise it's just not a good move for me to go and hang with the boys for a weekend like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home