Friday, July 22, 2005

Bridesmaid

My roommate is getting married next weekend, and our other roommate is one of her bridesmaids. They asked me ages ago to make the dress. Sure, no problem. On Sunday I asked when I was going to hear more about this dress and (presumably) make it. They told me Monday or Tuesday that I would be making it, oh, and could I please have it done in time for them to take today when the left for the wedding (they're driving half-way across the country), or, I could finish it up and take it with me when I fly out next week, which is seriously difficult when you're fitting a dress to someone. Wednesday the engaged roommate shows up with the pattern, finally. I take our other roommate's measurements, and determine, that we need a different size pattern. So, Thursday the non-engaged roommate borrowed my car and got the appropriate size pattern. I didn't start working on it (because I had my cello lesson) until 9 or so. I finally finished it around 3, and was in bed and asleep by 3:30, only to get up at 7:30. As I was leaving this morning my roommate told me that the bride came home, saw the dress and said, "Oh! Is that what they look like?" Great! Glad I stayed up so late. So, now I'm exhausted, and they are going to make skirts this week and buy blouses, since the dresses really are heinous.

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

yikes! it sounds like they didn't give you nearly enough time to get it done....

July 25, 2005 10:32 pm  
Blogger granola girl said...

Yeah, they didn't. Good think I love them both a whole freaking ton! Sheesh.

July 26, 2005 7:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home