Thursday, July 07, 2005

Better Than 'Pig'

I was having trouble installing an Operating System (like Windows, Mom, except BigNameCompany owns this particular flavor of Linux) on one of my work computers, so I asked OfficeNeighbor to take a look at it and see if he could figure out what was wrong with it. Fortunately for my ego, he had problems too. Finally with the help of TheKid (formerly known as "another guy for whom I need to think up a name") they were able to get it to install. What a relief! They called me over and informed me, "Dude, you have access now!" I thanked them, then looked over at the machine as OfficeNeighbor prepared to log in. The welcome screen greeted me, "Welcome to princess". What The? Nice guys. Thanks a lot. Apparently they were trying to think up a good name, and instead of asking me what name I'd like to give my machine (I happen to have a naming scheme in place) they picked one. One of the suggested names was "kitten." Finally, they settled on "princess." Frankly, it's better than kitten. I could rename the machine, but it would take some effort. Anyway, "princess" is funny, and maybe it'll remind them to be nice to me.

Not blinking likely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home