Friday, July 01, 2005

A Bite and Battery

Remember how my van isn't working? Yeah, it sucks. Carnivore just happens to have the same kind of van, except his is missing a transmission where as mine has a dead battery. On Wednesday, when I was griping about it to him (I figured he would know what the problem was) he told me he had an extra battery just sitting in his van, and if I wanted he would bring it down to work for me.

At our 10 am meeting (we have a 10 at 10 every morning) he announced, "Well, Granola, I figured out why your van died."

"Really? Why?"

"Well, I drove my truck here this morning, for the first time in a week, because of that battery. Good thing too. As I was getting off the freeway I saw a big ol' van stalled off to the side of the road. Because I had my truck and the tow bar I was able to pull them off. It was full of handicapped adults."

"So, what you're saying is you guys are the handicapped adults? That's it. No more rides in Granola's van!"

At noon Carnivore came over to my office and said, "Let's go put that battery in your car." Sweet. Not only did he bring it for me, he took me to my house and put it in my car for me on his lunch break.

When it was properly installed we got in our respective vehicles and prepared to head out. I asked him where he was headed, he said he was going to call the guys and find out where they were going. At about 12:30 we determined we were going to the mall (translation: no one could make a choice, so that was the default). We spent an hour at the mall before heading back to the office, so he got his full lunch break anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home