Thursday, June 30, 2005

Cell Phones in the Woods

My little sister cannot, apparently, survive for a weekend without her trusty cell phone. I've come to believe that she's more attached to that stupid device than she is to me.

While we were camping I asked her to stoke the fire while I did something else. She was, apparently, on the phone. Not wanting to hang up long enough to do said task she cradled it between her shoulder and ear. Not surprisingly, she was upset when it slipped and fell into the fire. Luckily, however, the only thing that happened was the caseing melted in a couple of spots. Good thing too, she paid way more for her phone that I am willing to, and she has no insurance on it.

Later that evening, as I drifted off to sleep I was warmed by the slight glow of her key pad as she exchanged text messages with her friends.

Next time the thing is staying at our parents' home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home