Friday, June 17, 2005

Leveling the Playing Field

I was sitting in the cafeteria today when I glanced up and was shocked to see a familiar face strolling past. This guy and I had worked together back in my Pizza Slinging days. He's very attractive -- at first. Unfortunately, his cocky attitude, and prickish nature quickly remove most of his attractiveness. What was he doing working at BigNameCompany? He wasn't studying computers. Then it occurred to me, there are a lot of different jobs at BigNameCompany -- he wasn't, necessarily, a software engineer.

As we were leaving the cafeteria I remembered his name, ROTCBoy (Reserve Officer Training Corpse). I rushed back to my desk and looked him up on the company directory. Sure enough, he was working in the financial department as an auditor. Hmm... The funny thing is, as soon as I was sure he was making less money than I am I was completely satisfied. I hope he saw me and looks me to only to learn how much money I'm making.

Now, it's not all about money, but it sure is nice to know that I'm making more than those people who think they have it made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home