Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Middle Name From Hell

MyBoss just walked by my office and cheerfully greeted me, "Good Morning, Granola-Jean!"
"Uh, good morning MyBoss."

Why is it that whenever people learn my middle name they suddenly feel the need to call me by it? I don't call him MyTallBoss. I don't call TheModel by TheHotModel. The reason is simple, my mother hated me at birth and, thus, as retribution for being born she gave me the most usable middle name ever. The kicker, of course, is that the middle name suddenly takes my normal sounding name and makes it painfully Southern. If I were Southern I doubt I would have a problem with that. I, however, am not from the South, nor any part like unto it. Thus, others find "Granola-Jean" all the more entertaining.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it! Your mom took one look at that bald head and thought, "how can I possibly brand her for life?" Yes!!! give her a GREAT middle name! lol

Can I help it if it is the only combination of names that your mom and dad could agree on?

--your mom

June 15, 2005 9:24 pm  
Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Could be worse. At least you're not a Tallulah.

June 15, 2005 11:10 pm  
Blogger granola girl said...

First off, Mom, I love that you signed your reply "your mom"! Someday I'll have to let you in on the slang term you have unknowingly taken part of.

Second, Laziest &ndash you're absolutely right, the middle name isn't that bad. I just like to bemoan it! Um, are you a Tullulah?

June 16, 2005 7:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home